Thursday, December 9, 2010

Paris snow shuts down Eiffel Tower......




I woke up this morning to a slew of weather reports coming from Paris describing a heavy snow (4 inches) which is extremely unusual for Paris! So unusual that they had to shut down the Eiffel Tower for about 24 hours! WHATTTT. Apparently the ice made it slippery and they are unable to lay salt down due to the fact that it might damage the tower, and let's be honest I'm all for a non-damage let's not fall through the floor Eiffel Tower.

Anyways, this is a bit shocking and lets face it beautiful. This trip is beginning to take on almost a magical fantastical quality and an unusual amount of snow does nothing to diminish that. Sure,  I may freeze my butt off, but I have a lot of extra butt and I can't imagine how beautiful snow is going to make Versailles and the rest of the city! I've seen it blossoming in the summer now I get to see it sparkling in the winter. Drinking Hot Chocolate at Angelina's will be maximized by the cold weather and falling snow, and the Christmas lights will sparkle reflecting off the pure white surfaces.

Okay, time to reign it in....watch I get there and the snow is melted and it's all replaced by an ugly gray slush. That's what I should prepare for......

*sigh, I can't wait for this trip!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...