Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wanderlust Wednesday







Where do you go when you day dream? A quaint European city? A beautiful island? The mountains? Wanderlust Wednesday gives you the opportunity to drift off to where ever your heart desires...


Today I'm dreaming of....the best bars in the world.

Today on the MSN.com homepage I stumbled across an article that claimed "The World's Best Bars." Well, if you know me, or you've been following this blog you know I love to travel and I love drink...and I love to drink while I travel.

Well, my oh my. This is the perfect list...and in fact I'm already dreaming that when I have money again I am going to attempt to knock all these bars of my list. Hmm....new goal to accomplish before thirty?

Anyways, enough of the dreaming here are the bars!



1. Connaught Bar- London. This Bar is known for its famous mixologist and it's martini trolley. The servers are famous for their white-glove service. The Connaught Bar is located in the Connaught Hotel which underwent a renovation in 2008 that came to the cool sume of 120 million dollars. The bar which was always known for it's Art Deco style was updated too. With the updates came the luxury liquor's including the Italian Gancia vermouth, and a Michelin-starred chef oversees the bar snacks.

Going to the Connaught Bar could happen within the next year, but I'll have to save up some money with all that luxury I'll be sure to be dropping pounds!

 
2. Rickhouse - San Francisco
 
I can't believe that I missed going to this place when I was in San Francisco last Spring. But make no mistake after my wonderful trip in March, I definitely plan on returning!
 
Anyways, the Rickhouse is the newest brain child of the owners of the the Bourbon & Branch, and it honors the Kentucky warehouses where Bourbon is aged. The Rickhouse has over 300 bourbon barrels that decorate the ceiling stresses the importance the bar places on whiskey drinks. A special at Rickhouse are their punches. One of their punches is a gingery Pimm's with gin and lemon. It's served in a milk-glass bowl with a blocks of berry-studded ice. This sounds like pure HEAVEN on a hot day. Rickhouse is definitely on my list of places to go!
 
 
3. Paris- Curio Parlor

 This comes directly from MSN.com "In 2006, Romee De Goriainoff abandoned a career in finance to open the Right Bank's Experimental Cocktail Club. Curio Parlor is on the Left Bank; it has the same terrific cocktails in a more elegant setting, with chandeliers and taxidermy. His Strawberry Fields combines vodka and Champagne with a garnish of "slapped" mint, while the Copa Verde is a more unorthodox mix of tequila, honey, and avocado." Avocado? Honey? Tequila? Sounds like an amazing Mexican dish. I'm ready! I wish I had known about this place this past New Year's or even when I was there in 2007. But make no mistake...I will travel to Paris again and I WILL find this bar!


That's the top three and the top ten is pure amazing; from a bar in Tokyo described as the Galapagos Island's of bars to Amsterdam, Berlin and back to Paris...all the bars sound amazing and I hope I can one day have the privilege of ordering a drink!

Check out the rest of the article here!
http://www.delish.com/food-fun/best-bars-world?gt1=47061

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...