Thursday, December 16, 2010

Second Chances Don't Come Around Very Often....

You rarely get second chances in life. Thank God, I am getting mine.

Sometimes your second chance involves a relationship, and sometimes it involves an opportunity......mine involves traveling.

In the summer of 2007 I was studying abroad in London, England  and took a weekend trip with a few of my new found friend to Paris. I had a good time, I popped up accidentally in the middle of the Tour De France, I strolled through the Louvre, traveled to Versailles. The only thing I didn't do was go up the Eiffel Tower.

Sure, I SAW the Eiffel Tower....but I didn't go any farther than that. I didn't wait in line to climb the stairs or hop in the elevator to ascend to the top. Why? Why on Earth would I, someone who looks forward to every travel adventure who lives to experience things in different cultures, why didn't I wait in line to go up?

The answer is easy - I am terrified of heights. I get nervous, and I let my nerves get the best of me. As soon as my friends returned from their trip to the top I immediately regretted it. This is one of the most famous landmarks in the world and I failed to take advantage of the opportunity.

Like I said, thank goodness for second chances. When I return to Paris on December 30th, I will be making the climb, even if I have white knuckles from gripping - this is one experience I am not going to let escape me for a second times----because while many people don't even get second chances - ---- hardly anyone gets a third!


(first photo is the Eiffel Tower on New Year's Eve---totally stole that from Lindsey @ [Link]http://ameri-kitsch.blogspot.com/

second photo: Ice Skating Rink on the Eiffel Tower - will I dare test my clumsiness and try to ice skate on the Eiffel Tower, I already have chills just thinking about crashing and falling over the side of the Tower!).


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...