1. Move more, eat less. I am stealing this directly from my best friends list but it describes so well what I want to do. Last year I made a goal to eat tomatoes and fish (which I eat tomato when I feel like it and Tuna) because I felt like it was an obtainable health goal that I could actually manage and work towards. However, Lindsey's goal is perfect. If I move more go to the gym, walk my dog, get up and DO something and just eat less I'll be happier, fitter and well on my way to my goals. I recently discovered that I have a distant cousin who also has acromegaly and it has taken her 5 years to get back to the way she was pre-tumor. Knowing this has helped me realize I need to make small strides that will lead to great strides. I am going to continue with my gym 3x a week goal.
2. Take an hour of ME time a week. This ME time will be not be at work, will not be around people. It may be my dog and I walking alone, it may be me curled up in my bed with a book. It will not be around bedtime and it will be around technology (well maybe around a car). It will be my...lets look at life and reflect back on how things are going hour. I learned this week that I am a person who needs alone time. I cannot handle being surrounded by people 24/7 no matter how much I love them. I'm someone who needs to get away, relax, reflect and I need silence! I will take one hour a week to accomplish all of those things.
3. Write More. I love writing, I feel relaxed, refreshed and invigorated when I write. I am going to write in my blog at least 4x a week and I am going to just write for the hell of it at least once a month. I guess my resolution would be to have something published in a travel writing blog or magazine. When I was in college I took a travel writing class that was taught by the Travel Writer of the Year for 2006, and she told me I was a natural and that I should consider writing (mind you this came in a class where she criticized everyone.). So, while I have never thought that I was a great writer I am going to try to be. It will never be lucrative but it could be rewarding.
4. Put a dent in my books to read list.
5. Put a HUGE dent in my debt.
All-in-all this list is set around one goal. I am going to take care of myself. I am going to take care of my mind, body and soul. I am going to stop holding things in and let them out. I am going to smile, laugh, cry and scream. I am going to be me :).