Tuesday, August 30, 2011

We seem to have a compulsion these days to bury time capsules in order to give those people living in the next century or so some idea of what we are like.”- Alfred Hitchcock

So today I was catching up on some of my favorite blogs and I saw this post: http://nyctaughtme.blogspot.com/2011/08/museum-of-natural-history-highlight.html , over at New York City Taught Me.  First of all I have to say - go read her blog, it's fun and really makes you want to go visit the Big Apple! Also, her kids are adorable and she has the most creative photo of ideas of things to do and see when visiting these amazing places! (Just think Super Hero Capes...at museums!).

Anyways, she was talking about the time capsule at the Museum of Natural History, and I couldn't help but wonder....what I would put in a time capsule. If I were to make one. Now, when I make this time capsule in the space below it is just going to be for the purpose of me. Who I am, what I love, and what I think should be known for. I will also like to include interesting things about the outside world....the things that have to do with my life, and how I live it.

The American Museum of Natural History
Time Capsule..gorgeous right?

What my time capsule would probably end up looking like.















The Time Capsule of Krystle. Put into the Internet blogging world on August 30th, 2011. To be opened and examined on January 1, 3000.

1. A copy of all seven Harry Potters.
2. A card with a link to my blog address.
3. My passport (I wish it would fill up more!).
4.A copy of my Swimmer of the Year Articles (Fresh-Senior Year, as well as the article about my college scholarship).
5. A photograph from every city I have really experienced.
6. An iPhone 4.
7. A copy of the Sims 3 (with my saved games...ha ha see how weird I am world!).
8. My highlighted, underlined, written in copy of The Great Gatsby).
9.A copy of the most recent issues of Cosmo, New York Times, USA Today, Sports Illustrated and Time.
10. A copy of a sports article by Jason Whitlock.
11. A video of that day's Sports Center.
12. A copy of the questions from a recent trivia game I hosted ( I make all my own questions ever week...it can be difficult).
13. A picture of my family and friends.
14. A picture of my first day of Pre-School, & Kindergarten.
15. A picture from my high school and college graduation.
16. A Copy of Beloit College's Mindset List for the class of 2008 http://www.joke-archives.com/ponder/classof2008.html
17.A copy of my student's 9th grade text book.
18. A copy of Ben Okri's Op Ed peice "A Prayer from the Living" This piece has inspired me.
19. A t-shirt inspired by me from my friends store Polly&Crackers (http://www.pollyandcrackers.com/) . CHECK IT OUT (http://www.pollyandcrackers.com/dirty-martini-drinking-tshirt.html) . <--shirt inspired by me and my love for martini straight up, and my best friend (and designer's) love of ordering them dirty. Did I mention I hate Dirty Martinis?
20.A  scratch off lottery ticket.
21. A sample of bills and coins (1, 5, 10, 20, 100 & (1, 5, 10, 25, 1.00).).
22. A copy of my top 25 most played list on my iPod.
23. Letters my Freshmen and Senior's right to people of the future.
24.A pair of flip flops.
25. A pair of jeans
26. A HD DVD Player
27. DVD's - The Princess Bride, Modern Family, Wedding Crashers, The Hangover, Titanic, Crash, The Simpsons, Nightmare Before Christmas, Garden State, Death at a Funeral, The Holiday, and Across the Universe...what other popular show or movie should I include?
28. A picture of my car.
29. A list of prices (milk, gas, bread, M&Ms, movies, plane, etc.).
30. A list of how long it takes to get to certain destinations (London, Madrid, California)
31. A bottle of wine.
32. A snippet of my hair....they say natural red heads will be extinct in 60 years...I want people to know we were here! :)


That's all I can really think of for now! Anyone else have any ideas.
28.

1 comment:

  1. I have always liked the thought of time capsules, it's so interesting to see the items and learn the stories about them when you open it up. :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag
    Join My Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...