Friday, August 5, 2011

Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore. 

Day 04- A travel destination that makes you sad.


Big surprise, this too is tough for me. I'm a pretty (despite my recent doldrums) positive person, so to consciously think about what travel destination makes me sad is semi-difficult. However, my recent cross-country road trip made me realize that Kansas makes me sad. I'm not sure if this is an appropriate choice, since I pretty much just drove through it. But all I saw was fields, which were beautiful at first and then down right depressing. I realize there is more to Kansas then what I saw. I am perfectly aware of this. However, all I saw were fields, and very cool wind turbines, and very run down stores.

I think that's what made me sad. I love small town, I love farms, but the fact that every gas station or restaurant we cam across was rundown and dilapidated made me sad. Everywhere we stopped seemed to be covered in flies and was dingy and the people seemed sad.

So this is the travel destination that made me sad, because everyone I came across was sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...