Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Q2.Which is Worse; Failing or Never Trying?


So I probably don't agree with this Homer Simpson photo...but it is humerous.

I would like to say that never trying is worse. Well it IS worse. If you never try you never know. If you never try you have no chance at ever succeeding. So if we were going by what I think....it would be that never trying is worse.

However, what about my actions? My actions say that failing is worse. I rarely try to do things unless I am positive I can do them. I have recently come to the realizatin that my biggest fear is being vulnerable, and if your biggest fear is being vulnerable you're never going to attempt something when failing is an option.

So while I truly believe that never trying is worse. I live the life of someone who believes that failing is worse...and I have no idea how to change that.

1 comment:

  1. This is a constant struggle with me. I've found myself more adventurous lately (after years of refusal to participate), but it's hard to say why. Logically, trying is already progress because it's not stagnation. Also I admire, not look down on those who try. I expect that it's the same for everyone. I'm not sure if this is comforting or depressing, but really, nobody's watching anyway - gotta try what interests us and see how it goes! The world isn't as black-and-white or good-and-bad or succeed-and-fail as we like to make it. There is stagnation and there is growth, and we rarely learn the same lesson twice! (and when we do, it was an important one.)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...