Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thing's I am Thankful For Thursday

Thursday's are a great time of the week for me to sit and think about what I'm thankful for. Friday seems semi-within reach, yet the whole week is still weighing on you. What better time to reflect on what makes you grateful for the life you have?


1. My asthma medications. This week bronchitis snuck up on me in full-force (it started Friday) and my asthma has been struggling ever since. I got down to about 40% lung capacity (I operate everyday on about 60...so it's not that bad. But, I'm so thankful for my everyday asthma medications and my occasional one (prednisone) that has made my life bearable this week. I should probably just give a shout out to Tylenol and modern medicine as well!

2. Guest speakers. On Wednesday, I had totally forgotten that a guest speaker from Keiser University was coming to talk to my students about college and scholarships. OMG, he was amazing. He gave me a chance to catch-up on some stuff I needed to get done and he just in general was awesome. He inspired my kids and even got a girl to look at scholarships who otherwise wouldn't. I do what I can, but sometimes you need outside help and he certainly provided it!

3. My students. This week my athletes and co-workers are driving me insane. Skipping practice to build a float? I'm all for the super involved, however, float building time should not be during Varsity Sport practice. Have a meeting need to come late? Go Ahead! Have a community service for special event? Okay! Need to miss or leave for church or for study groups/class? Sure. I'll work with you. But missing practice work on a flat that you started last minute, is not okay! Float's can be built on weekends and after practice. NOT from 4-6pm Monday-Friday when I have a practice to run. This may sound bitchy, but I don't know what else to do. I also can't believe that club sponsors are requesting my Varsity athletes to miss for this! DO you think they'd expect a football player to miss their practice? Hell no, they wouldn't and swim team is no different.  There are plenty of members of the clubs that are not involved in sports that can work on the float during practice hours.

ANYWAYS OMG I regressed. I really appreciate my students this week. They are such a good/easy group that I can't help but enjoy my day with them. They can be a bit chatty but all-in-all I am so lucky. SO lucky to have them.

4. Charleston! I leave for Charleston tonight to go to my alumni swim weekend. We are going to honor the dear late Morgan Hall, and raise money for the scholarship in her name. I'm excited to see my former team and bond with them. I'm also excited to hang out with my best friends, have a road trip with Naomi and to visit my brother!


1 comment:

  1. Love this "Thankful Thursday" idea. We all need to take time to be thankful for the good stuff in our lives instead of just complaining about the crap. Thanks for a great reminder. And have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...