Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Marshmellow Test

Have you seen the marshmellow video? You know the one I'm talking about. Where the kids are given a marshmellow and told if they wait until the adult comes back in the room to eat it, that they will get a second marshmellow. Meanwhile, they tell these kids they can't get out of the chair and film them trying to resist temptation.


Oh, The Temptation from Steve V on Vimeo.


I am that child. I am that child that is told I can have two marshmellows if I just wait....but who instead of waiting patiently with my eye on the prize...I'm shoving the marshmellow up my nose, licking it, taking tiny bites and finally just shoving it in my mouth!

I am an instant gratification kind of girl :(.

The first step is admitting it right?

I've never been one to sit down and seriously think, or to put something on hold. I'm all about doing what feels good or what is best for now.

What's the say about my future?

When will I learn to wait for the second marshmellow?

Anyone have any advice out there?

1 comment:

  1. I came to your blog via the vintage apple but kept on scrolling....I think admitting is the first step. At least you've come to the realization that you need to just wait. I find that (and I got this advice from Oprah) that before you speak, do something, make a decision stop. Pause. Listen. There is a little voice in your heart that says which thing you should do.say. decide...
    it takes practice. BUT start with small things. what should you eat for dinner...then move up to bigger things...waiting and listening to that inner voice and not our brains that just want instant gratification always work out in the end. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...