Monday, March 26, 2012

I'm jumping on the bandwagon...

I'm jumping on the BirchBox Bandwagon! This month I recieved my first Birch Box, and it is wonderful! I fully recommend the 10.00 a month subscription for you or the beauty lover in your life!

Anyways, want to see what my box contained?







Jouer's Luminizing Moisture Tint-

Birchbox Breakdown



Our entire team (minus the manfolk) is obsessed with Jouer’s Luminizing Moisture Tint and we're not alone — Allure recently gave the product its coveted "Best in Beauty" seal. The oil-free formula feels positively weightless on but gives you plenty of even coverage. Skin looks soft and dewy and, thanks to SPF 20, you’ll be extra protected from the sun.


My Review: I like the color they picked for me, and I love the idea...my skin felt pretty nice afterward, however, it was hard to spread! It was quite pastey and was difficult to spread over your face. I did not use a primer under it as suggested...but that could improve the "spreadability." Over all I like it and will consider buying it...(for the mositorizing part) but my "color" will continue to come from bare minerals.





Orofluido Elixir


Birchbox Breakdown



When it comes to evaluating new hair care products, we look for the three S’s: soft, shiny, strong. This fragrant serum delivers all three, making it one of our new favorites. Incidentally, since we’re also suckers for that other big S, scent, we can’t get enough of the amber and vanilla notes that drift up every time we flip our hair.

My review: It's hard for me to love any hair product not made my Aveda, and I'm obsessed with Aveda's smoothing serum...but this stuff smelled great and worked pretty well. It made my hair become greasy quicker than Aveada...so while I'll enjoy this sample I'm not sure I'll use it forever. But the smell is pretty great...and I'll continue to use it...who knows maybe I used it wrong (too much or put it too close to my scalp/bangs.






AHAVA's Time to Hydrate: Essential Day Moisturizer: normal to dry skin.

Birchbox Breakdown


We know a great moisturizer when we see one, so take our word for it: this luxe brand’s day cream will fulfill your top skincare wishes. First, it restores damaged skin with aloe, vitamins, and amino acids. Next, Dead Sea minerals strengthen skin and protect against sun damage. The icing on the cake: it sinks in right away and won’t leave your face shiny, so you can wear it under your makeup with no problem. The restorative formula is best for those whose complexions fall between normal and dry.

My Review: I like it! I'm contemplating buying it ASAP! It's 40.00, however, I just returned from Colorado with super dry-chapped skin and it made my skin feel baby smooth without making it oily! I'm definietly a fan!



Tea Forté® skin-smart™ Teas


Birchbox Breakdown


Teatime just got a makeover. Not only do these fruity green teas taste amazing, they contain mega-high levels of antioxidants to repair your skin from the inside out. Each flavor addresses a specific concern, from fighting oxidative stress (a major source of wrinkles) to restoring skin’s youthful glow. Certified organic and fair trade, the beautifying blends will help you look as great as you feel—and who can say no to that

My Review: Confession, I haven't done this yet...but I'll let you know!



 Color Club Neon Nail Polish
Birchbox Breakdown



Maybe we’ve watched too many re-runs of The Brady Bunch, but we’ve always had a soft spot for the 1960s. So it’s no surprise that these ‘60s-inspired polishes are right up our alley. They come in seven neon shades that channel the decade’s exuberant vibe: think mod girls, painted buses, and the advent of color TV.

My Review: Love at first sight! I have the vivid disco purple color and I am digging it! It's bright and solid and not at all streaky. Seriously, one coat of polish could totally be enough! I can't wait to slap this on my toes or fingers before a night out or a day at the beach!


Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien


Birchbox Breakdown



French fragrance designer Annick Goutal took inspiration from Italy for this iconic citrus scent, which launched in 1981. Bright and effervescent, the universal and timeless blend conjures up the image of sun-ripened fruit in a Tuscan orchard.

My Review: It's a bit too sweet/floraly for me. I am not one for perfume in the first place (besides the CLEAN scents...I'm obsessed with  Clean Cotton and Shower Fresh), so I'm not digging this perfume. If you're sensitive to scents like I am then you won't be into it either. However, I gave my sample to a friend and she loves it! So, to each their own!



So this is my first month of my Birch Box Subscription and I am digging it! I signed up for a year I look forward to seeing what the other months bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...