Friday, March 11, 2011

30 Day Challenge- Day 24: A Picture of Something You Wish You Could Change

I would love to change children homelessness. I mean honestly, I'd like to change it all but as a child you are supposed to be innocent, carefree and happy. You're not supposed to worry about whether you have a place to sleep, foot to eat or a way to wake up for school in the morning.

On Sunday 60 Minutes did an expose on homeless students, the story took place in Central Florida and focused on a few of the areas surrounding me. We even have a "Homeless School Bus" in order to pick students up from the local hotels. Everyday I deal with students who are struggling with helping their family make ends meet. Instead of being 9th graders worrying about their homework and the opposite sex they are worried about helping their family survive. This is what I wish I could change.

(To learn more about the story check out: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/03/60-minutes-story-on-homeless-children-touched-a-nerve.html).

1 comment:

  1. As a former homeless student, I agree with you. Great post!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...