Wednesday, April 18, 2012

30 Day Challenge: Day 6 A Book That Makes Me Sad

 I used to read A Summer to Die as a child. I was obsessed with it. A book about a girl watching the beautiful, talented sister in which she admires suffer through illness and then death is a book that affected me like no other. While reading about Meg's struggle you feel sad as she struggles to deal with the admiration and jealousy for her sister while she also finds where she fits in this world.

While this book makes me sad, it's a great book. One I read countless times in elementary school. What about you. What books make you sad? What book do you remember reading and feeling a heaviness in your heart? Please share! Every now and then you just need a sad book to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...